Monday, November 28, 2016

Random Spots

My eagle-eyed husband spotted this super cool Chevy Nova from the 1970s with a Texas license plate (in addition to its legit Iranian one) cruising the streets in Pardisan. So random, right?


And here's a random, quick video my husband made of the tasty treats and nicely decorated cakes you can find here, even in the small grocery stores. 
He knew I'd want to see those SPONGEBOB CAKES, OMG!


POMEGRANATES

My husband’s friend gifted us with several pomegranates, which are the favorite native fruit of Iran. I really did not know what to do with them all. I don’t like to eat the arils (seeds) alone, but my husband does so he ate some raw. 




And with the juice I was able to squeeze from the pomegranate, we drank a bit (it was sharp and sour, refreshing) and then I mixed some of it into this yogurt sauce I had made for breakfast. 

Yogurt-pomegranate sauce with cucumbers and tomatoes, potato & pea stuffed bread, omelette, olives, walnuts and pistachios, pomegranate arils, and tea.


ROSE WATER

Remember this GORGEOUS bouquet of roses my husband gave me for my birthday? 


I hate to see flowers die, so I decided to make some rose water from the petals. 
Just put the petals in a pot and cover with water, 
boil for a few minutes until the petals resemble cooked red cabbage. 


Then strain the water into a jar or spray bottle. The water can be used to freshen up a room or in your hair or on your skin. Voila, pretty rose water!


ON THE TV

Spotted Disney's CARS on the tv here. It was nice to see a familiar family favorite film ...in FARSI. 



RANDOM SPOTTING of HALLOWEEN

Remember in an earlier post, 40 Halloweens, I wondered if Iranians knew about or celebrated Halloween? I was surprised and tickled to see that there was some mention of it as I saw in a PressTV video about Iranian chocolate. I think this is in a shopping mall in Tehran:



Well, that's all the random spots of random spotting for now. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment