Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Kabab Time


Chelow means steamed rice in Farsi, and Kabab means, well, it means Grilled Meat, often coøked on a skewer. And it's the "national dish" here in Iran.


However, since I do not own a grill or any skewers, I searched for another kabab recipe and found it on YouTube, on the Aashpazi channel. It's called Kabab Tabei and it's a lot easier to make than the traditional grilled kababs.



Here is the recipe, with ingredients and directions. Of course I didn't follow them exactly, but I tried! 



From the video:


And voila! My version of Kabab Tabei!


I roughly chopped the onions rather than grate them due to lack of a grater or food processor and to my burning, crying eyes!


Had several herbs and radish for color (not in the recipe, but, hey, why not?)


Must make the dishes look pretty!


Radishes, Green Onions, Leeks, Basil, Water Cress. and Mint.


I don't know how to rotate this photo. But here you see the herbs that I sautéed along with some corn (totally not in the recipe).


Sabzi (Herbs!)


I tried to fry some onions for garnish but they did not get as crispy as I hoped. Still, tasted very yum.


Some marinated, spicy cucumbers with radish and herbs.


So, there you have it. My version of Kabab Tabei. Try it out for yourselves! Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment