Saturday, September 24, 2016

Life Begins at 40


InshaaAllah (God-willing), in 40 days from now I'll turn 40 years old. They say life begins at 40, so that means I will begin my life at the same time that I begin my life in Iran. Get it?  Yeah, that's deep, yo. What a place to start living!

Of course I am excited, but mostly very nervous. Those feelings do not really matter right now because I need to pack and travel first!

Once we arrive, I'll have to set up house (again!). After we feel "settled," I'm not sure how my children and I will pass our time. We will home-school them but hope to find other structured activities. Other than that, I'll just have to wait and see. I'd love to write a novel or something similarly concrete, but I don't know how practical that will be. Most likely, I'll try to maintain this blog with my experiences there. I'd like to do a post every day as sort of a 365 Challenge. I look forward to cooking so I'll probably post photographs of the salads I make, haha! I'd like to learn a few traditional Iranian recipes.

Back to packing and the long flight (we will be travelling 24 hours straight), I am stressed about what to put in those suitcases and what to take on the long flights.

My kids are thankfully mostly independent, so I don't need to pack stickers or crayons anymore.

But what about for their comfort?
Should I bring Melatonin to help them sleep?
Water and snacks?
I even started wondering if I should take a fold-able foot stool or two for my kids so they can put their feet up sometimes--is that crazy or what?
Any tips or suggestions? Let me know. 

We don't understand life any better at forty than at twenty, but we know it and admit it. - Jules Renard

No comments:

Post a Comment